Over the past few years, juicing has gone from an exclusive trend in the healthy living community into a national obsession. These days, everyone’s talking about juice cleanses, aloe vera juice, and green juices. At-home juicer sales are skyrocketing while juiceries are spreading across the country like wildfire.
Green juice has gained popularity for the list of health benefits associated with drinking it. When you drink fresh-made green juice, it is almost like receiving an intravenous infusion of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes because they go straight into your system without having to be broken down.
Drinking your juice first thing in the morning can give you a natural energy boost without resorting to stimulants like coffee. Since the juice is already in an easily digestible form, it can help revitalize your energy levels within as little as 20 minutes… and this is only the beginning of its benefits.
Three Reasons Why Juicing Is a Phenomenal Health Habit
Here are three main reasons why you will want to consider incorporating vegetable juicing into your optimal health program:
- Juicing helps you absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables. This is important because most of us have impaired digestion as a result of making less-than-optimal food choices over many years. This limits your body’s ability to absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables. Juicing will help to “pre-digest” them for you, so you will receive most of the nutrition, rather than having it go down the toilet.
- Juicing allows you to consume a healthier amount of vegetables in an efficient manner. Virtually every health authority recommends that we get six to eight servings of vegetables and fruits per day and very few of us actually get that. Juicing is an easy way to virtually guarantee that you will reach your daily target for vegetables.
- You can add a wider variety of vegetables in your diet. Many people eat the same vegetable salads or side dishes every day. This violates the principle of regular food rotation and increases your chance of developing an allergy to a certain food.
Plus, it limits the number of different phytochemicals in your diet, as each vegetable will offer unique benefits. With juicing, you can juice a wide variety of vegetables that you may not normally enjoy eating whole.
Additionally, juicing can help:
- Promote weight loss. In one study, adults who drank at least eight ounces of vegetable juice as part of a diet lost four pounds over 12 weeks, while those who followed the same diet but did not drink the juice lost only one pound. The vegetable juice drinkers also significantly increased their intake of vitamin C and potassium, while decreasing their overall carbohydrate intake.
- Boost your immune system by supercharging it with concentrated phytochemicals. Raw juice also contains biophotonic light energy, which can help revitalize your body.
- Increase your energy. When your body has an abundance of the nutrients it needs, and your pH is optimally balanced, you feel energized. Since it can be utilized by your body immediately, those who juice report feeling the “kick” of energy almost instantly.
- Support your brain health. People who drank juices (fruit and vegetable) more than three times per week, compared to less than once a week, were 76 percent less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease.
- 200g (3 handful Spinach/Kale/Ugwu) or any leafy vegetable.
- 2 medium sized carrots.
- 1 apple.
- 1 teaspoon of ginger (grated) (optional)
- Water (enough to help move the blender blades).
Some of the tools you’d be needing are:
- A blender or juicer
- A coffee strainer/cheese cloth/a sieve with tight mesh
- Wash and peel the skin of the carrots. Wash the spinach and apple and then cut the fruits and veggies into tiny blendable sizes.
- Place into the blender, add ginger to spice it up and a little water to help the blades move smoothly.
- Next, pour into the strainer. You can squeeze or press hard on the strainer to get out as much juice as possible. Pour the green juice into a tall glass.
- And now your healthy green juice is ready.