Avocado is a pear shape fruit with dark green or blackish skin with a large seed. Avocado is often on the hate list of those people who want to lose weight, but avocado should be every woman’s best friend. Ladies, please remember everything in moderation. They are rich in Vitamin E which is said to be a beauty vitamin because it is valuable for healthy skin and the prevention of wrinkles.
Creamy rich avocado is considered one of the world’s healthiest fruit, because of its nutrient contents such as vitamin K, dietary fiber, potassium, folic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin C, copper, and large quantities of the extremely healthy monounsaturated fats.
Not only does avocado have a rich source of monounsaturated fatty acids including oleic acid, which has recently been shown to offer significant protection against breast cancer, but it is also a very concentrated dietary source of the “carotenoid lutein”. It also contains measurable amounts of related carotenoids plus significant quantities of vitamin E.
Avocado is a good source of potassium, a mineral that helps regulate blood pressure.Adequate intake of potassium can help guard against circulatory diseases, like high blood pressure, heart disease, or stroke.
Diets containing foods that are good sources of potassium and low in sodium may reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke. One cup of avocado has about 23% of the Daily Value for Folate, a nutrient important for heart health, pregnancy, and developing brain and nervous system. Low in sodium also means no salt.
A few slices of avocado in salad, or mixing some chopped avocado into salsa will not only add a rich, creamy flavor, but will greatly increase your body’s ability to absorb the health-promoting carotenoids that vegetables provide.
Compared to other fruits or vegetables such as carrots and spinach, just a slice of avocado improves your body’s ability to absorb carotenoids.
Some Health Benefits of Avocado:
- For malnutrition because of the plentiful supply of vitamins and minerals.
- It protects against cholesterol related heart diseases. It reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Oleic acid in avocado can be used to lower cholesterol level in the blood.
- Potassium in avocado regulates pressure of blood. It improves the ability of the body to absorb carotenoids.
- It is a good antioxidant
- It is used both in prevention and treatment of prostate and breast cancers. Scientists have proved that a toxin in avocado kills the cancer cells. So-called toxin has a great effect on the tissues, particularly heart muscle tissues.
- Helps Inflamed conditions of the mucous membranes, particularly the stomach, small intestines and colon.
- Especially beneficial to people who live in hot climates and have great mineral and water loss.
- Avocado benefits includes helping people who have sexual problems such as male impotency because of its richness in certain nutrients.
- Beneficial for women in menopause.
- It is used to heal people who suffer from digestive and circulatory problems
- For Youthful and healthy skin use avocado oil.
Serving size for Avocado is 1/2 = 140 calories.
Enjoy your avocado in its natural form. No salt necessary.